Friday, October 9, 2009

An Experiment With Trees

I present a failed attempt at some trees. They didn't fit the project I was working on, but I do like the technique.

To make the forests represented on the hex maps, I had a great idea of using this modified technique. The original plan was to cut out chunks of foam, sand them into a rough ball shape, then attach them to 2" long nails. The nails were then glued to some cardboard counters from a Pokemon game.


The foam balls were taking too long, so I grabbed a box of Sculpey and rolled balls out of that. The balls were then impaled on a nail and baked per the directions. Once the clay cooled they were attached to a cardboard chip.



A couple of the trees were brush- primed black and then course turf stuck to balls with white glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment